SBM Capital Markets Ltd wishes to inform its valued clients that, following the Government decree of a lockdown at country-level, aiming at mitigating the spread of the COVID-19, the group has invoked its business contingency plan which entails provision of minimal services to its clients. We already communicated on the process and contact persons for our Foreign Trading desk.
We would like to bring to the notice of our clients that given the current situation whereby Banks are operating during limited hours, we are making some changes to our local trading process ahead of the resumption of trading activities on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius (SEM).
We will be operational for local trading from 09.00 to 14.30 or during market opening hours as the SEM shall communicate, and all orders received after the market closure will be executed on the next trading session. All our operations shall be carried under the following strict conditions:
• All our operations will be carried out by our team working remotely from their homes. They will be accepting orders via their mobile phones. Please expect some disruptions and delay in answering your calls. Alternatively, you can send your orders via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buy orders will only be accepted if there are funds available in the clients’ bank accounts with SBM Bank (Mauritius) Ltd earmarked to cover the trade settlement, or if the clients have transferred funds to SBM Capital Markets Ltd – Trading client account prior to placing their trade.
• Buy orders will not be accepted if trades will be settled by cheque or by bank transfers from other banks after trading date during the lockdown period.
• Custodian trades will be accepted further to confirmation from custodian banks that the Client has already made provision for settlement.
• Given that we will need to confirm the availability of funds before accepting buy orders, please note that orders will be placed on the system with a delay.
• Sell orders will be accepted if shares are available in the CDS account with SBM Capital Markets. We will not be processing any share transfers during the lockdown period.
• Confirmation of trades will be made either through phone or email.
• Contract notes will be shared via email only
• During the lockdown, we will not be accepting Share Deposits, Transfers, pledges and other services not related to trading.
• Our traders will be available as per below:
Head of Trading
|T:(230) 202 1429
M: (230) 5 256 8421
|Sanjana Seetahul||T: (230) 202 4636
M: (230) 5 253 0768
|Patricia Dholah||T: (230) 202 1430
M: (230) 5 253 0706
|Sudesh Seechurn||T: (230) 202 1437
M: (230) 5 258 2462
|San Sang Cheung
Trader – Local
|T: (230) 202 1140
M: (230) 5 258 5067
Group Email ID: email@example.com
Please find our banking details for online transfer of funds to our client account before trading:
Client Bank Account Details:
MUR Bank Account Number: 61030200000077
Beneficiary: SBM Capital Markets Ltd
Beneficiary Bank: SBM Bank (Mauritius) Ltd
Address: 1 Queen Elizabeth II Avenue, Port Louis, Republic of Mauritius
Please rest assured that we are putting all reasonable efforts towards ensuring support to our clients whilst ensuring the safety of our staff members. These measures may further evolve depending on the developments both locally and internationally. We shall keep you informed on a regular basis.
26th March 2020